Monday 28 March 2011

Drive rationally and safely in Singapore and enjoy the local favor

Driving in Singapore is highly regularized as in any world class city, where you need to have a photo card driving license and traffic permits.  When I received my driver’s license in Singapore I was thrilled as it gave me the freedom and added to my mobility.  However there are a few things to keep in mind if you hail from a country where traffic rules are followed not so strictly, and if you are used to zig-zag driving. Driver Improvement Points System enables a rating of the driver against the offences he commits. Cameras are installed everywhere and your offences and over speeding is likely to get caught.  A higher rate of traffic offences may lead to cancellation of your driving license as well. So one has to be vigilant, courteous, and rational and has to abide the law to be able to continue driving in Singapore.  

Singapore car rental has a great respect for the people who have a very good record of driving in Singapore.  They can hand you over the keys of the most expensive luxury cars even, if you have an impeccable driving record. Anti-drunk driving campaigns, road-safety campaigns, road courtesy campaigns, road safety programs and weeks for cyclists and heavy motors are a norm of Singapore. Singapore maintains a very good statistics with respect to mishaps and accidents. My experience of driving in Singapore is that you ‘have’ to be a law abiding citizen in the first place to enjoy driving there.  Different ethnic communities also arrange road safety weeks through various forms of campaigns including posters and gatherings etc. as part of the social responsibilities. 

This culture is well maintained by all Singapore car rent companies. I enjoy a long term relationship with a Singapore car rent company, who are more than eager to offer me various discounts and any vehicle I wish to drive, as I never resort to rash driving and always behave nicely on roads. So my advice to the immigrants is that if you want to maintain cordial relationship with your Singapore car rental, prove it by your concern for safety and care.

No comments:

Post a Comment